Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Product Owner|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This role will be focused on delivering marketing features into the new platform. You will be responsible for understanding the business requirements and translating these into prioritized featured backlogs which you will maintain through the development lifecycle. You must be experienced in writing user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure the development teams deliver to specification and product vision. You will also be working closely with our game teams to launch new titles by managing the process of integrating 3rd party published games into the new platform. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering the next generation of gaming platforms.
• Collaborating with key marketing stakeholders to gather business requirements and prioritise these into the product backlog
• Managing the product backlogs in keeping them updated with new features and user stories
• Documenting acceptance criteria at a user story level to ensure the development teams understand what is required
• Improve the customer journey by optimising the acquisition of new users
• Help define and craft the marketing product roadmap to improve our customer’s experience
• Work closely with the development team to deliver marketing applications integrated into the publishing platform
• Define, analyse and communicate product metrics to help build new features and enhancements
• Deeply understand our customer’s journey and their underlying needs and pain points
• Understand current trends in the free to play and subscription game industry
• Mentor and coach less experienced team members
• Solid experience working in a product owner capacity
• Experience in marketing online games
• Experience working in an agile software development team
• Experience in developing or using segmentation, attribution or CRM marketing solutions
• Analytical problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly numerate, comfortable crafting insight from large datasets
• Expert in lean product management
• You can demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong global project experience and enjoys working with distributed teams
• Built and led product features from concept to full market launch
• Comfortable working with customers to identify their needs and requirements
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 8fda97fe-bc02-40a7-abf1-1ad8fefc3d31.|
|Apply for this job|