Senior Agile Delivery Manager
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Agile Delivery Manager|
|Job Category||Project Manager|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Your strong experience in agile will allow you to create an agile project governance framework and enable the product owners / manager to work with the team to deliver on their vision. You will track velocity closely which will allow you to provide forecasts for deliveries. Regular internal and external communication on timescales and deliverables will a be a key priority. You will coach and mentor other scrum masters and product owners on Agile ways of working.
Your role will require you to know, in detail, when services will be delivered. You will work with the engineering teams to ensure that when delivered, the final quality of platform services meet the highest standards.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a wide variety of titles from a stable developer/publisher, and requires an experienced, sharp and keen individual with a passion for online games.
• Transition smoothly into the current role, minimizing disruption and gaining the trust of tech, product and delivery stakeholders at team and programme level.
• Use visual means to foster clear communication between delivery teams and various stakeholder groups
• Maintain and improve on the regular delivery plan and roadmap refreshes.
• Take ownership of production practices to ensure that external teams are committed to delivering platform features to the highest standards of quality
• Own the solutions to any production problems that occur.
• Support the Head of Production in championing agile and lean good practices to help foster a culture of transparency and continuous improvement.
• Ongoing collaboration with Product Owners and the Technical Director to ensure project backlogs are organised and complete.
• Manage and monitor issues, risks and create mitigation plans.
• Ensure the overall quality and platform’s user experience supports the vision outlined by the Director of Production.
• Gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
• Extensive agile experience
• SDLC experience
• Scrum experience
• Kanban experience
• Recent experience of working as an agile practitioner across multiple product development teams
• Successfully collaborated with Product, UX, Scrum Master & Engineering in cross-functional teams & across the leadership of these functions
• Experience of working in agile at scale
• Demonstrable experience of working with distributed agile teams
• Sociable and likeable, you need to be capable of liaising with people from multiple roles, nationalities and ability levels with equal skill.
• Publishing platform experience would be desirable.
• Must be available to travel to external development vendors when needed.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 35c9baa4-3543-4c19-aae1-7607cc6b28ba.|
|Apply for this job|