Senior Build / Test Engineer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Build / Test Engineer|
|Job Description||We are looking for that special person who thrives on helping to deliver the best possible product through the development and refinement of build, test and release technologies.
As a key part of the game client team, the candidate will have direct involvement in the continuing development of the Runescape games, supporting the rest of the development group by delivering features to optimise and improve the reliability of the release processes. The role will cover a broad range of areas and technologies ; build systems and test automation frameworks, desktop and mobile devices, C++, Java and other scripting languages as needed, and the ideal candidate will help define the scope of the role, driving the direction of the release frameworks to optimise our workflow.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company, at a studio of over 300 people, and face some exciting challenges that you just won't get in many other places.
Key Duties include:
- Development and improvement to build, test and release automation technologies
- Programming in C++ 11/14 and other languages as required
- Improving the tech behind the record-breaking MMO RuneScape
- Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
- Being proactive in finding ways to improve both how we work and how our games operate
- A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
- Experience working with build and test automation frameworks (e.g. Maven), particularly those relating to the production of C/C++ projects
- An understanding and appreciation of test processes and QA requirements
- Ability to work semi-independently, pro-actively identifying and addressing issues
- Previous time spent working in a large complex system
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or similar
- Proficiency in C++ and Java
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Experience of developing games for mobile, both iOS and Android
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Games industry experience
- Experience playing RuneScape
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have great coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an open, friendly environment. Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1642.|
|Apply for this job|