Senior C++ Game Engine Programmer
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior C++ Game Engine Programmer|
|Job Description||We are looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and looking to take on technical challenges. We’re keen to develop people’s passions and, as a studio of over 300 people, we offer lots of chances to progress your career and advance within the studio.
Jagex is most well-known for the record-breaking game Runescape but we have many other exciting projects ongoing including bringing Runescape to mobile, developing a brand new MMO amongst other top secret and exciting things.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company and face some exciting challenges based around online gaming. We are open to candidates from a games background or a related industry.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Programming in C++ 11/14
- Improving the tech behind the record-breaking MMO RuneScape
- Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
- Researching, innovating and developing new game engine technology
- Being proactive in finding ways to improve both how we work and how our games operate
WHAT WE NEED
- Extremely proficient at C++
- Ability to work well in a team and with others, good communication skills are essential!
- Worked on at least several games industry titles, at least one launched title and/or one AAA title
- A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
- Experience with various non-graphical game engine systems
- Designed and fully implemented at least one major system in a commercial game engine
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
EVEN BETTER IF
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Experience with client-side animation systems and entity/component based systems
- Experience of developing games for mobile, both iOS and Android
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, cmake/make and bash
- Experience with Java
- Experience of working on client/server applications
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2018-1567.|
|Apply for this job|