Senior Operations Engineer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Operations Engineer|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: To work in the operations team in both “Legacy” and “Cloud” environments. Bringing the two of them together in a hybrid approach. We are looking for someone who wants to bring our company further into the cloud space with an enthusiastic and learning attitude to our existing datacenters and new cloud deployment. This is not a “green field” cloud setup but has plenty of space to grow and services to provide to our customers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with the Technical Lead Engineer and Ops team to design and implement infrastructure according to in-house standards and industry best practices.
• Implement IAC principles to our legacy internal systems
• Critical support of our existing Jagex Operational Systems (game servers, web servers, backend systems, etc.)
• Attend daily standups and weekly meetings with the team
• Document processes and procedures in Confluence.
• Mentor existing staff regarding IAC
• To work on and close tickets for internal customers (ManageEngine)
• A very good understanding of Linux Operating Systems
• A very good understanding of Python
• A very good understanding of Cloud services (AWS)
• A very good understanding of IAC principles with proven deployment projects
• A good understanding of Computer Networks
• A good understanding of Storage Area Networks
• A good understanding of Configuration management (preferably puppet)
• Excellent Communication and Team-working Skills
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• An understanding of Kanban/Scrum practices.
• Be able to manage own time
• Cool under pressure
• Always curious to learn more
• Gamer / Love for Computer Games
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 115f638a-f153-4c60-9b0e-023cd154e587.|
|Apply for this job|