Senior QA Analyst
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior QA Analyst|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Senior QA Analyst to join our Growth and Product Services team. You are responsible for overseeing a wide range of tests to ensure the software meets our end-user requirements, which includes setting test scope and objectives, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of targeted test items. This position serves as the product team expert in acceptance testing and undertakes medium to large-sized projects requiring some QA testing management and oversight. The role sits within a development team and follows agile methodology. Updating the team on your activities during stand-ups and contributing to planning sessions are key requirements.
Reports to the QA Manager
• Deliver technical, quantitative and qualitative feedback on assigned features to the development team, be the voice of quality for the product.
• Execute pre-integration build verification and reporting processes, along with content testing strategies using development tools.
• Use telemetry to augment test requirements and plans.
• Craft, research or utilize existing tools to improve and measure QA efficiency, make the team better over time.
• Brings together and updates key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
• Test case creation from design documentation or feature expertise.
• Support coordinating and disseminating daily testing tasks to the offsite team and provide updates on testing progress.
• Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being tested. Be the central contact person for multiple teams.
• Review the bug database, consider severity vs priority and push for the right issues to be fixed before release.
• Work closely with other QA Analysts to identify efficiency opportunities and suggest ways for them to improve.
• Member of the QA best practises group that creates standards and policies for the wider team.
• Is responsible for the onboarding and initial training of new QA members.
• Develop and build strong working relationships with development teams and execute a development QA support strategy during development.
• Dedicated, flexible, and able to adapt the QA process to the critical needs of multiple teams.
• Understands concepts of defect prevention and defect containment.
• Able to collect and transcribe defect data which can be used to generate risk reports.
• Active listener with both peers and partners can drive conversations and supports team participation.
• Can analyse personal and team process for innovation opportunities and raises potential improvements.
• Understanding of different communication channels and when to use appropriately.
• Ability to create training programs to spread test excellence across all Jagex test teams.
• Advanced understanding of the development process.
• Strong working experience and collaboration with external and internal teams.
• Capable of translating complex requirements in an easy to understand manner for other Analysts.
• Medium knowledge of data analysis tools such as SQL and Power BI.
• Knowledge of products and technologies on the mobile market.
• JIRA JQL experience. Ability to create and reuse advanced lookups.
• You have previous test experience on MMO’s, sandbox or ARPGs.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference b3e9a109-880a-48d4-a3b2-9c1fef110562.|
|Apply for this job|