Senior Software Engineer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Software Engineer|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Studio’s goal is to build a new gaming platform to allow our new games to integrate with at ease. Your team’s goal is to develop and work with a best-in-class Analytical Data Platform able to receive, interpret and feed data generated by our players back into games to improve their gaming experience, along with delivering valuable data insights and dashboards. This data is critical to the product teams, so that they can understand what the customers want and where both their enjoyment and pain points are. You will be working in an exciting and vibrant environment, you will be engaged in architectural designs, cutting edge technologies, testing and profiling, evaluating software solutions and programming.
• Participate in all aspects of agile software development and software lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, deployment
• Design, develop, test, deploy and manage software applications to support our use of data and advanced analytics
• Create software and tooling necessary to build automated deployment pipelines
• Develop near real-time and batch-based data processing frameworks
• Build and maintain data pipelines to process diverse data sets at scale and with low latency
• Maintain and extend our data and analytics environments to provide additional tools and capabilities
• Containerize software applications and deploy them through container orchestration systems
• Ensure reliability and security, liaising with the security team to implement policies through code
• Lead the execution of projects and provide technical leadership to drive our data products and insight strategy, advocating the effective use of data technologies
• Mentor and lead members of the Data Engineering team; set a quality bar, inspire innovation & creativity and make the vision a reality
• Work with external development teams (2nd, 3rd or contractual) to successfully launch new technical products that provide advanced data science and analytical capabilities
• Gamer at heart – we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
• Significant experience in AWS Services (Lambda, S3, EMR, DynamoDb and CloudFormation)
• Significant experience with big data ecosystems and infrastructure including Hadoop, mapreduce, Vertica and Snowflake
• Highly proficient Python programmer
• Experience deploying applications through Container orchestration systems (Docker and Kubernetes)
• Proven history of adopting production related processes, deployment pipelines and reviews
• Agile enthusiast, proven experience working with Product Owners to expand user stories into engineering tasks, ensuring development is focused and impactful
• Deep understanding of design patterns and good code practices
• Understanding of current & future business needs relative to the gaming and technology industry
• Experience in building strong relationships within a company and empowering your team to do the same
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 96108379-9186-44b0-b518-894312dc38c0.|
|Apply for this job|