Technical QA Engineer
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||Technical QA Engineer|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|Job Description||HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for a talented Technical QA Engineer to join our team in Cambridge, UK on our award-winning games development teams.
You will benefit from reporting to Director of Quality Assurance and work in a highly talented team with QA veterans of over 10 years and be part of a growing business which has rewarding opportunities. The role offers an excellent learning environment with opportunity to work on multiple games which is complimented with a competitive salary.
As a Technical QA Engineer, you would be responsible for ensuring the high production quality of our game systems and ensuring these are robust and consistently checked. You will be involved in high-profile and challenging projects, helping ensure that we successfully deliver enhancements to our game engine technology.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Developing and executing test scripts
- Performing pre-release validations of the game engine individually or part of a team
- Performing Tech QA services such as Performance and Compat Testing
- Documenting your planned test coverage through detailed test plans
- Perform front line testing for new game engine features
- Report, escalate and track issues found during testing to ensure that they are resolved
- Reproduce player reported issues and gather info useful to engine developers to aid fixing
- Helping roll out a world-class test automation framework to enhance the test capabilities by suggesting features and ultising existing scripts
- Provide reporting of test effort, results, and risks, from both manual and automated tests
- Keep up with current Tech trends within the industry
WHAT WE NEED
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in formal software testing or video games testing
- A good grasp of terminology used in an engine dev environment (such as packing, deploying, refactoring)
- Ability to work from very technically worded tasks (eg allow setcustommodel on a slot independent of config definitions) and then translate to customer facing patch notes
- Ability to code debug test scripts to push new features/commands past their limits
- An honest, confident and vocal individual that speaks up and suggests improvements be it via processes or new tools
- An individual that meets deadlines and delivers projects on time to an excellent standard
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of testing methodologies and AGILE development
- Ability to effectively perform destructive and exploratory testing without test case guidance with an eye for detail
- Gather and interpret crash logs from multiple platforms like Windows, Mac OSx or mobile
- Use various tools to capture video/images off of various devices /platforms of issues eg Vysor
- Understands the difference between a Server, Client and Module
EVEN BETTER IF
- You have experience with JIRA and Perforce
- You have previous experience on MMO’s
- You have experience in using one or more of the following:
- You have a computing or games related degree
- You have direct game experience on our LIVE products
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1639.|
|Apply for this job|