Junkfish is looking for a 3D Generalist Artist to join our Scottish BAFTA nominated team in a full-time role. You will have the opportunity to join an expanding team, and work on an ambitious and highly creative project. This position is remote, and will require you to work from home.
As a Generalist Artist you will be responsible for creating believable and visually interesting environments, props and set dressing.
You will be working within a small and highly skilled team of artists and animators, and as such you must be versatile and able to contribute your own ideas that promote the games overall creative vision, creating various assets necessary for the monthly content pushes and milestones.
To champion ideas from concept to completion, you must be a positive team-player, and someone who can give constructive feedback as well as be open to hearing the feedback of others in return.
Most importantly, you must have a strong passion for games and a desire to develop your skills to achieve the highest quality in the best time-frame.
- Low to High Poly modelling of environments and props
- Texturing, Unwrapping of geometry
- Exporting assets into the Game Engine
- Planning tasks through Trello or other tracking tools.
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project’s artistic direction and deadlines.
- Collaborate, define and push the visual quality of the game.
- Balancing art quality, performance, and time.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in the games industry as an environment artist.
- Experience modelling and texturing assets using Maya or Blender, and Substance painter/designer.
- Must have good artistic ability and vision.
- Good knowledge of 3D pipelines and asset management.
- General interest in production lighting and post-processing.
- Ability to work without extensive supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the whole team.
- Have shipped at least one title in a Background Artist or similar role.
- Shader and Material creation in Unity
- Unity Game Engine experience
- ZBrush Experience
To apply for this position please send your CV and Portfolio link to [Insert Link]!
We will endeavour to reply to all applications, but due to high levels of interest in some roles this may not always be possible. If you have not heard back from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Junkfish Ltd. is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.