3D Programmer (m/f/x)
Egosoft, the creators of the popular X space simulation game series, are looking for a 3D Programmer with a strong background in OOP and C / C++. In the role, you will develop new and improve existing functionality of our own, self-developed engine.
You are confident in using the necessary tools and you strive for high standards. You document and share your progress as well as identify difficulties that arise, react in a solution-oriented manner and support your colleagues with advice and assistance.
This is a full-time position based in Würselen, Germany, and available immediately.
- Able to proactively gather feedback from the entire team and translate it into your field of expertise
- Open to close-knit teamwork, both locally and online
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proactive and customer-oriented work approach
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and self-motivation skills
- Eligible for work in EU
- Passionate about sci-fi, space and video games
- Strong background in OOP and C/C++; ideally 5+ years of experience in 3D programming
- Experience with graphics APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL, Open Scene Graph, OGRE etc.
- Experience in planning 3D technology development with artists and other programmers
- Understanding of modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Passion to develop new game technology
Nice to have:
- Experience in Windows and Linux based server administration
- Experience in database administration
- Familiarity with programming language Golang
Egosoft is one of the most long-standing companies in the German games industry. As a fully independent company, we have been focusing on the development of the X game series (space simulation / sandbox) for over 20 years. Our international team enjoys direct lines of communication, flat hierarchies, employee-friendly working conditions, a high degree of flexibility and competitive salaries. In a familial environment, we rely on teamwork to achieve our common goals.
Located in the vibrant Meuse-Rhine Euroregion, the company location benefits from a fascinating, cross-border European diversity and an associated high quality of life - regardless of whether you ultimately want to live in Germany, the Netherlands or Belgium.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.