Geocaching HQ is seeking an experienced data-driven Senior Growth Marketing Manager to help us grow our community of location-based game enthusiasts.
As our Senior Growth Marketing Manager, you will own acquisition and growth strategy for new active users. You’ll use your knowledge of customer acquisition channels and trends to experiment and land on a digital marketing strategy that best fits our brand and target customers. You will deep dive into the data to gain insights, then create content and campaigns that drive new users to experience our games and help get them to their first find -- an important tipping point for engagement in our games.
You'll own new user growth strategy, execute acquisition campaigns that deliver results, and build awareness of the game in new and emerging markets. You will also be comfortable with A/B testing, adept at social media strategies, possess strong analytical skills, and develop new ways to reach prospective geocachers and turn them into high-LTV customers.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive acquisition strategy for our two core products, Geocaching® and Adventure Lab®.
- Set acquisition and conversion goals and lead efforts to reach them, monitoring key metrics along the way and adjusting as needed, and regularly report on results.
- Develop, implement, and manage effective acquisition and growth marketing initiatives and campaigns from strategy through the full campaign lifecycle.
- Use A/B testing, funnel experimentation, cohort insights, and other data to look for ways to optimize acquisition and conversion to first find.
- Keep up with trends; identify and explore new marketing channels and opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent strategy, brand voice, and message across all platforms.
- Collaborate with our community and business development teams on social influencer and marketing-oriented initiatives, particularly where there is an opportunity to amplify and expand earned media to new audiences.
- Partner and build relationships with our product team to monitor, learn from and optimize acquisition source and new user experience.
- Own and execute your ideas—from crafting the messaging to building campaigns.
- Other projects as needed.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing in acquisition-focused roles.
- Experience with a wide variety of acquisition channels, including but not limited to social media, paid/earned media, paid/organic search, referrals, events, and influencers.
- App Store/Google Play Store optimization, SEO, and SMO experience.
- Proven project management experience from ideation to execution with cross-functional teams.
- A love of data and comfort working with tools like Google Analytics, Power BI, and Firebase. Bonus points for SQL.
- Experience marketing to international audiences and fluency in a second language is a plus.
- Professional experience in tech, gaming, or outdoor industry preferred.
- Passionate about attracting and welcoming new people into the game.
- Exemplify our values -- effectiveness, authenticity, and passion.
- Demonstrate superb communication, interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems, and technologies.
- Be self-starting, self-directed, and open to coaching/feedback.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills, and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our company core values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.
How to Apply
If you think you might be our Senior Growth Marketing Manager, please submit an application. Content creation is a necessary part of the job, so you'll need to write us a cover letter. Tell us who you are and let us know what you can contribute to this small but mighty team. Unfortunately, applicants who do not submit a cover letter with their application will not be considered.
We are currently only able to accept candidates who are located in the US.
Some of our current benefits & perks!
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, FSA (health and dependent care), and life & disability insurance.
- 401k retirement plan: traditional and/or ROTH, plus employer match and immediate vesting.
- Healthy work/life balance: generous PTO and holidays, regular wellness & social events, unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program, regular team lunches, and more.
- Free Geocaching Premium Membership to cache to your heart's content!
- Sabbatical every 7 years.
- Free lift tickets or reimbursement towards recreational activities.
- On-site gear closet so you can enjoy the great outdoors.
- ORCA cards and commuter benefits.
- Professional development budget tailored to your learning & growth -- not in the cookie-cutter "one size fits all" approach.
- Employer donation matching program.