Our client is a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. They’re focused on creating fun console games using a world-famous IP.
The successful candidate design high quality AI behaviours for co-op, NPC, and enemy characters within an open world game.
- Proven games design experience in AAA titles.
- Knowledge of game and AI design with a good understanding of enemy and NPC behaviours.
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of scripting, ideally in Blueprint.
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills.
- Ability to take direction and feedback well and self-critique.
- Design high quality AI behaviours for co-op, NPC, and enemy characters, which support the vision and creative pillars of the game and IP.
- Work with gameplay coders, artists, designers, and animators to create engaging and fun AI behaviours from prototype to final.
- Ensure that the behaviours are distinctive, varied and are clearly understood by the player.
- Clearly pitch AI designs and features and liaise with designers and other disciplines to ensure the systems are understood and supported in the game.
- Define and maintain design documentation.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, gameplay coders, artists, animation understanding their role and building a positive relationship to ensure that they are involved in the design process.
- Follow design’s best practice, and ensure your work maintains stability & quality throughout development.
- Hybrid and UK Remote contract options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Social Events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214427!