This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
Note: Can support relocation and/or application for work permit for non-EU citizens
This prestigious Swedish game studio is comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognised for their work creating story-driven games.
They can boast an impressive back catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
They are looking for an AI Programmer to join a team of talented programmers for the challenge of producing a world class AAA title.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++.
- Experience on at least one shipped AAA game.
- Experience using Havok products, physics, AI.
- Experience working with AI Finite-state machine systems.
- Great knowledge of mathematics for 3D game development.
- Write clean and maintainable code.
- Understanding of the large set of the many components that makes up a modern games.
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU, and memory efficient.
- Develop, extend, and debug AI, tools, physics, animation, rendering, UI, and gameplay code while respecting platform and design constraints.
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in daily work.
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code.
- Help mentoring less experienced team members.
- If required, debug, modify, extend, or use the tools pipeline, as necessary.
- Create solutions for unforeseen design problems.
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into their workflow.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Understanding of multiplayer bots as human replacements.
- Understanding and experience designing player companions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!