Our client is a games developer based in Paris. They create AAA video games with unique IP, offering immersive narratives for the player to lose themselves in.
As their Animation Director you’ll be working globally recognised and exciting IP’s. Using the latest tools and tech you’ll be creating best-in-class animations by supervising a highly experienced animation team whilst getting hands on too!
- An extensive amount animation experience in the video game or film/3D series industry, including existing experience in a Director or Lead position.
- Have worked on projects that presented complex animation challenges, ideally including realistic facial animation.
- A very good understanding of human expressions as well as anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character design.
- A good command of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and deliver on time with a high level of quality.
- Professional and positive attitude, effective in communicating with multicultural teams.
- Professional Proficiency in English Writing/Speaking.
- In collaboration with the director, you ensure the daily follow-up of the animations produced in the studio. You define the atmosphere, style and rhythm of the sequences, ensuring unity and artistic continuity but also the rhythm of the work of the various participants;
- You supervise with 3 leads all the departments dedicated to animation: the integrated soundproof Performance Capture studio (74 Vicon T160 cameras), the body animation team and the facial team.
- You develop and document the animation specifications for our projects;
- You communicate quality expectations to the teams. You develop clear strategies, establish workflows and research documentation and visual references to help the team achieve their goals;
- You follow and validate the animations produced, in accordance with the established artistic charter;
- You learn to know the target platform, the engine and the performance capture tools in order to become a force of proposal and push the limits
- Hybrid working (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
- VISA and Relocation support for you and your family (if required)
- 25 Days Paid Holiday
- Company Health Insurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join experienced and passionate game dev teams
- Working on highly ambitious, innovative and best-in-class projects
- Work on globally recognised and exciting IP’s
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on + 44 (0) 1206 214425!