This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Single-Player Action-RPG
Our client was founded by an industry legend with a proven track record of delivering multiple AAA games. With this new venture comes an amazing and rare opportunity to be their first hire for the animation department. As Animation Director you will be everything animation at the studio being able to set everything up without any legacy. The vision for animation is yours to drive and inspire the entire team.
- Collaborate with the Game Director to define and own the vision for the animation style.
- Work alongside the Design, Art and Technical Directors to set the standard and drive the visual quality across all animation content in the game.
- Push and empower designers and artists to understand your vision for character animations, bringing those elements to life.
- Set the standard for animations at every stage, from concept to final quality polish.
- Build out, manage, and mentor the studio's animation teams.
- Innovatively approach the player characters journey through the game from an animation perspective.
- Experience directing animation with excellent credentials on high credibility AAA games.
- A great eye for style and quality.
- Excellent team leadership, people and mentoring skills.
- Experience in visual and animation innovation.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience of Unreal is desirable but not essential.
- Independent studio financed by industry veteran, COO and Founder.
- All essential; insurances, pensions and funding are all in place.
- Get involved in building both the company and a new IP from the ground up.
- Creative freedom to make impactful decisions.
- AAA games with a small studio approach.
- The core team have a proven track-record of developing multi-million selling franchises such as Just Cause, Battlefield franchise, PayDay and GTA.
- Focus on developing mature IP, where character and narrative takes centre stage.
- All games will be developed on Unreal Engine 5.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!