This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Games
Our client is a globally successful console and PC game company based in Espoo, Finland.
This AAA studio is known for creating cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries, pushing the limits of 3D character technology, storytelling, and visual effects.
They are on the lookout for a Senior Engine Programmer to join their development team, working with the core functionality of their proprietary engine.
- Extensive experience in games as a gameplay or engine programmer
- Proficient with C++
- Strong maths skills
- Good experience working on various platforms
- Good experience of multithreaded programming
- Brilliant English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with proprietary game engines
- Passionate about both the games industry and games development
- Design and apply performance-critical core engine features and provide a great developer experience by equipping your systems with excellent debugging tools.
- Build performance and memory profiling tools for managing content budgets and implement support for in-game editing and visualisation tools.
- Produce new content pipelines for efficient asset authoring and loading, for example by defining new data and serialisation formats.
- Add to the overall performance and memory characteristics of the engine and its API design.
- Shipped at least one AAA game
- Experience with an Entity-Component-Systems (ECS) framework
- Degree in Computer Science
- Excellent quality of life
- Affordable cost of living
- Relocation support
- Competitive compensation with a bonus system
- 5 weeks of paid vacation every year alongside public holidays and other special occasions
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!