Project: AAA VR Action Shooter Games
OPM’s client, a VR Game Development Studio, is currently recruiting for an Animation Programmer to work together with their talented developers on spectacular multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation pipelines, tools, systems, and features, collaborating with other programmers and artists looking to push the visuals for their title.
- Experience with animation techniques such as rigging, state machines, interpolation, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics (IK), facial animation
- Experience coding with C++ and have a proper understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object vs data-oriented approach, inheritance vs composition, pointers vs references, encapsulation, data structures and their performance characteristics
- Experience developing at least 1 project using the Unreal Engine, with good basic understanding on creating blueprints, optimising code.
- Strong 3D math skills
- Work closely with the animation team to deliver features and improve workflows, functionality, and interfaces
- Take ownership of the animation work, working closely together with the tech leads to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the artists to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance
- Help develop, expand, maintain, and support the animation pipeline, animations tools and animation related gameplay elements
- Create solid technical designs and efficient implementations for the required animation work
- Apply a critical eye, willingness to experiment, and enthusiasm to collaborate with artists and other creatives to achieve the best possible result
- Constantly take performance into account so games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
- Analyse problems and debug them to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience on a VR title
- A keen interest in character animation technology, a passion for character-based games, and a good eye for character and animation aesthetics
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!