Project: AAA VR Games
OPM’s client is looking for a game industry veteran who understands the importance of crafting an artistic vision which frames the player’s experience and gives focus to team’s efforts as well as being a team leader and helping to inspire the team to be as creative and amazing as they can be.
The successful candidate will join the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, they’re looking to recruit an experienced Art Director who can aid them in their mission.
- Strong experience as an Art Director role throughout the full development cycle on AAA console/PC titles
- You possess excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- You can demonstrate effective creative leadership on projects based upon existing and original IP’s
- You can effortlessly render images by hand using electronic or traditional media to communicate artistic ideals, both realistic and stylized
- You have an in depth understanding of the principles of art, including styling, tone, composition, colour, and art history
- Own and drive the development of the artistic vision across multiple AAA VR projects
- Motivate and inspire creativity across the whole development team
- Guide and stimulate the growth of the artist team’s creativity
- Work alongside the Senior Art Lead to ensure that all the art assets meet the artistic vision, this includes levels, props, characters, special effects, lighting, etc.
- Present and promote the artistic vision through writing, discussions, style guides, reference materials, real-time content (VR) or other visual media
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors and business partners in relation to visual development
- Take direction from the Game Director and collaborate with the team to identify and solve issues and create opportunities
- Co-operate with marketing, PR, and the creative leadership to create branding and marketing materials for the projects
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!