Art Director - Award Winning Studio
Send applications with a resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Pocketwatch Games is looking for an Art Director that can imbue our wild and weird games with a unique visual style. We’re looking for a visionary, a people person, and someone that likes to get their hands dirty. You will be in charge of establishing visual direction and prototyping the early look of the game, but also responsible for production art in some capacity depending on your skillset.
This is a full-time remote position for individuals between the Pacific and Eastern Time Zones.
- Establish visual direction - characters, environments, FX, graphic design
- 3D art prototyping, and some portion of production art
- Branding and marketing assets
- Manage a small team of remote artists
- Game industry experience as an artist at senior or Director level
- Ability to lead a team of remote artists
- Experience with graphic design, including knowledge of typography, UX, and branding
- Deep understanding of 3D art pipelines
- Ability to contribute production art at all points in the game development cycle
- Online portfolio demonstrating a wide range of skills and a unique visual style
About Pocketwatch Games
Pocketwatch Games is in the sweet spot between ‘Indie’ and ‘AAA’. We’re small enough that we can take risks and be weird, but big enough that we can make thrilling entertainment that wins awards and reaches millions of players. We’ve been in business since 2005, producing games like the IGF Grand Prize winning Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine and the revolutionary gamepad-RTS Tooth and Tail. We succeed where others haven’t by taking risks, iterating, and building to a standard of polish that most indies can’t achieve. Come join us!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
We believe that our company and our art is improved by collaboration between a diverse team of creators. If you share this perspective, we can’t wait to meet you.