This role is for a leading-edge game development company, using cutting-edge technology and creativity to provide co-development services. As an Art Manager, you will contribute to planning and scheduling of artwork, mentor artists, and support team development. The role is ideally hybrid or studio-based and located in the North-West of England.
What you will be doing:
- planning artwork, defining milestones, and scheduling tasks.
- You will also be involved in resourcing decisions, ensuring awareness of dependencies and artwork status.
- you will update the art team on project status, maintain documentation, and serve as a contact point for interdisciplinary communication.
- you will review job applications, conduct interviews, mentor artists, and assist in decision-making for promotions and training.
- Additionally, you will contribute to the development of art team strategies and structures, while fostering a positive and professional work environment.
What we need from you:
- Self-motivation and strong organisational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with confidence in expressing ideas effectively.
- Experience in mentoring artists or animators, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- A positive team spirit, a sense of humour, and enthusiasm for team development.
- Understanding of the game development lifecycle and terminology, including knowledge of art content pipelines, asset management, and proficiency in tools such as Shot grid, Jira, Trello, and Excel.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (including dental) & Eye Care Scheme.
- Annual Bonus – rewarding great teamwork.
- Free Parking.
How do you apply
Please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2894
Big Planet is an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate. We are a GDPR compliant company.