Stainless Games requires an Assistant Producer who is process driven with excellent organisational and diplomacy skills to help manage an internal game development team. You will be the kind of person who catches details others miss and is determined to succeed – as a team.
The Assistant Producer is a role suitable for an aspiring Producer to develop their skills and grow into additional duties and responsibilities, until ready to run a project themselves. Here at Stainless, Producers are responsible for leading an internal game development team through the entire development production process.
Primary duties of the Assistant Producer will be focused around ensuring smooth running of the project and process to ensure teams have everything they need to hit their goals.
- Responsibilities will depend on the experience level of the successful candidate.
- We expect Assistant Producers to develop and expand their skills, taking on more duties as they progress.
- Work closely with the development team and producer to ensure processes and tools meet the needs of the development team
- Assist the Producer in any and all aspects of Production.
- Plan and track progress and identify issues and risks throughout the product’s life cycle.
- Getting stuff done.
- Good knowledge of game development and you will be a keen gamer.
- Analytical about work and goal driven.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Determination to ensure tools are used properly to support the process.
- Extremely strong problem solving and organisational skills.
- Understanding that behind a successful project lies a successful team and drive to serve the team.
- Comfortable with MS Word & Excel.
- Capable of learning new software tools independently.
- Experience working as part of a team with leadership exposure.
- Software development exposure in any role – understanding the basics of how projects are delivered.
- Working in an IT environment.
- Knowledge of the following is preferable:
- Agile project methodologies.
- Experience working in the games industry in any role.
- Proven capability to work on repetitive tasks.
When applying, please provide a cover letter and CV
After the disruption of recent years, our team have returned to the studio on a much more flexible basis. We thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, while also helping to nurture our collaborative company spirit. However, we wanted to give our team the best of both worlds, so they now have the option to work from home on Mondays and/or Fridays if they wish. We’ve also recently refurbished our studio to enhance the working environment for all. We would consider full time remote work for the right candidate, but they would need to accommodate UK working hours, so the role would likely be more suited to those in a similar time zone.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application process and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more...including on the social side ….
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!