Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
We’re looking for an Assistant Producer who can work with our external developers and internal service teams to bring our mobile content from concept to launch. They will be experienced with game production processes and be familiar with the tools used by the industry.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make our games the best they can be and ensure they have everything they need to be successful in the market”
What you will really be doing
- Liaise with our external development partners to ensure their projects remain on schedule and their work backlog is managed efficiently
- Work with our internal service teams to provide support to developers and implement required functionality in their games
- Provide regular feedback to our Partnerships team on the performance of our content lineup and the future potential of our games
- Mitigate production issues and regularly report back to the management team
- Monitor game KPIs and work closely with internal and external teams to ensure game performance hits our targets
- Keep all game documentation and schedules up to date and communicate to key stakeholders
- Create post-mortems for games that have been sunsetted and communicate learnings back to the business
- Help to iterate our publishing processes to ensure we remain at the top of our game
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Previous production experience in a gaming environment
- A keen interest in video games and the market, particularly in the mobile space
- Knowledge of industry tools and standard practices
- Comfortable presenting to other team members
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams to bring games to the market
- A can-do attitude and ability to move projects forward even when outcomes may not be clear
- Experience in or an understanding of other games industry roles is an advantage
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- A dog friendly office - bring your favourite pooch! (There’s dog-free areas too)
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Relocation support available
- VISA Sponsorship available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.