This is a fantastic to join our multi-award-winning Total War team at our game development studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
Reporting to the Lead Dialogue Engineer, as Associate Dialogue Engineer you will work closely with and receive mentorship from a large team of experienced Dialogue Engineers.
Using our in-house, high spec, audio facilities you will assist in creating AAA calibre dialogue experience on assigned projects across the whole Total War Franchise.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of at least 2 days per week in our Horsham studio. Some flexibility may be required owing to the type of work. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Associate Dialogue Engineer, you will work on all elements of the dialogue process including editorial, localisation, assisting in recording sessions and implementation. This will involve working with actors and other Dialogue Engineers to help develop your skills and deliver top tier quality vocal performances.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Engineer Recording and Casting sessions, where required, alongside Dialogue Engineers with a view to eventually directing sessions
- Edit and process recorded content where required to deliver game-ready assets
- Assist with the management of outsource engagements and review delivered assets
- Work with localisation studios to deliver a global release
- Assist in finding actors for casting sessions
- Assist with implementation of all voice over in the game
- Participate in Group Recording sessions, be involved in recording both technically and creatively and onward authoring and implementation of content.
- Work with the Brand department across marketing assets
- Shadow script proofing process with a Dialogue Engineer with a view to eventually taking this on for some characters
- Assist in the creation of voice designed characters including creatures and demons
- Become involved in Dialogue System Design Pre-Production, learning from the ground up where and why we use dialogue in our games and having the opportunity to inform on this.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience as an audio assistant in a Postproduction or Games Studio setting
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm for all aspects of the role
- DAW experience with either Reaper or Protools
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to multi-task projects while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail. Understanding of microphone technique and acting coaching/voice direction preferred
- A keen interest in and a passion for audio and video games.
- Professional dialogue editorial skills
- Proficient with using Izotope RX
- Experience with the Wwise audio engine
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- An understanding of in-game dialogue systems and pipelines, as well as the ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools
- Experience with creature voice design work or sound design experience
- Proficient with Wavelab
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
If you have an Audio or Video showreel/portfolio or a favourite piece of work you would like to add in support of your application, please do upload this.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.