This is a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Localisation Coordinator to join the Localisation team on our Total War franchise.
Reporting to the Senior Localisation Coordinator, the Associate Localisation Coordinator’s primary role is to coordinate and facilitate the localisation of both localised written and voiced content on assigned Total War projects.
The right candidate will be working mainly with our SEGA UK based team of Localisation Project Managers, Localisation QA Managers, Localisation QA Project Managers, and other localisation specialists as well as our internal team of Development Managers, Designers and Dialogue engineers to deliver this content and contribute to the stellar localisation experience for Total War titles developed at the studio.
Working alongside our experienced Development Managers and teams as well as our Localisation team at SEGA, you will be responsible for coordinating the localisation of all assigned projects to ensure every project is delivered on time, within budget and to the highest level of accuracy and quality standards.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Set up a delivery schedule for text implementations approved ready for translation. Once completed import back into the game for testing
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and SEGA LQA of the status of the schedule throughout the entire cycle of game LOC
- Supply regular working builds and keys to translation agencies and SEGA LQA
- Liaise with the Audio team and SEGA to set up a voiceover schedule
- Ensure scripts are ready in time for translation, English VO is recorded in time for foreign VO recordings to be done and implemented in-game ready for testing
- Keep track of VO recordings, implementation and testing and highlight any scheduling concerns to the relevant stakeholders and help to mitigate any issues
- Implement text bug fixes and update builds for subsequent regression. Unblock any obstacles that prevent LQA from effectively testing the game
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience within a Quality Assurance or Localisation role
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and software
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organisational, communication skills and a proactive attitude
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- A keen interest in and a passion for localisation in video games
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- JIRA experience
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
- Any general experience within a similar role in localisation
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.