A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex has begun exciting new projects that leverage our legendary RuneScape IP in creative ways. We are expanding a project team with expertise in the latest technologies, focused around Unreal Engine 5, to create a highly-skilled, player-focused development group that you could join. A core team based in Cambridge, augmented by members distributed globally, form a friendly, talented bunch keen to invite new members.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development to help us fulfil our vision for a deep, community-driven, connected, multi-platform Open World Survival Craft experience, set in the RuneScape universe.
The Associate Producer works closely with the Production, QA and Development team members to organise and facilitate delivery of game features and content.
You will help support and improve planning, dependency-management, tracking, and release processes to meet product vision and quality goals.
You will be detail-focused and an expert at facilitating communication and co-ordination, in-person and through software tools, helping the teams focus on the right priorities.
You will bring a positive outlook, be self-motivated and help with motivation of others.
You will be player, product, and quality-focused, developing trust and respect amongst the team.
You will be keen to learn, progress and take on increased responsibility over time. Key Duties Include:
- Work closely with the Senior Producers, QA Leads, and dev team to generate and track tasks with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Support long term capacity and resource planning, and generation of metrics.
- Contribute and support scaling of development via outsourcing.
- Anticipate and address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes. Communicate effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly.
- Assist the production group to organize and improve project management processes, identify problems, and clear blockers to enable the predictable delivery of releases to a high quality.
- Develop rich relationships and partnerships with the Dev Team, cross-functional, and company-wide departments.
- From Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean) to Waterfall, you’ll recommend the most appropriate process for the situation to plan and manage development.
- Help conduct retrospectives and post-mortem reviews, and organise meetings and team activities.
- Champion standards developed by the production team and support cultural changes where applicable.
- Maintain awareness of the game industry’s online products, services, and innovations.
- Actively participate and contribute to positive change across the studio.
- Expertise using AGILE, SCRUM, LEAN and Waterfall on mid to large-scale game development.
- Hands-on familiarity with productivity tools such as Jira, Excel, Shotgrid.
- Strong analytical mind, with excellent people and communication capabilities.
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating innovative and compelling new games.
- Familiarity with QA and Build release Processes.
- Experience with live operations and post-release content development.
- An aptitude for one of the development disciplines (Design, Art, Technical)
- Familiarity with working alongside co-development partners across different time zones.
- Scrum, PO, PMP certifications.
- Cross platform development experience in PC and Console.
- QA background.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.