A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Associate QA Manager to join our Game Operations team. As Associate QA Manager, you will lead the testing and management of multiple feature teams (scrums) on an assigned product. Teams can be content or technology-based, e.g. engine/ tool development. You will manage the quality of your assigned team(s) and lead recruitment efforts, coaching, and personnel management. You will develop metrics for the wider QA management team to help plot our next step.
Reporting to the Head of QAKey Responsibilities:
- Act as QA owner for assigned feature team(s) and point of contact for external and remote QA teams in specified game areas.
- Participate in development team stand-ups as QA feature owner and share updates with the broader QA team.
- Planning based on roadmaps and schedules and define overall execution of project’s test strategy, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Continuously assess development plans to identify new testing tools, solutions and automation opportunities to promote defect prevention.
- Identify & analyse data sources that could improve QA testing practices and drive a culture of quality built-in.
- Train, mentor, and empower an internal team of QA Analysts and QA Engineers.
- Actively participate in requirement and design reviews of upcoming features. Provide ongoing project risk analysis and report on progress status. Transparent and active communication with feature teams and QA management.
- Work with external test team to ensure high-quality service delivery and identify areas for improving efficiency whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Recruitment of QA Analysts and QA Engineers.
- Line management of a team, including goal setting and performance feedback.
- Project management ownership of tasks outside of testing.
- Experience in Agile development and working in scrum teams.
- An experienced quality leader who has acted as a Principal, QA Lead, or Senior QA Lead.
- Strong working knowledge of quality processes, e.g. triage, the definition of done, and test design.
- Experienced in managing technical QA individuals who work in both manual and automated environments.
- Excellent communication, risk analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent test planning, designing and writing skills.
- Experienced in mobile testing or tool testing.
- Solid working knowledge of source control (e.g. Perforce) and CI (e.g. Jenkins) tools.
- Worked previously with offsite teams.
- ISTQB series, management or similar certifications/ training.
- Developing test automation from a management viewpoint.
- Good working knowledge of UE4 editor and associated toolchains.
- Experience with Games-as-a-service projects.
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, XRAY, Confluence, and MIRO.
- Understanding of data analysis & Risk-Based Testing methodologies
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.