Audio Programmer - Sheffield
We have an exceptional opportunity with one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers who are looking for a talented Audio Programmer who posses excellent knowledge of and real passion for enabling leading audio content in console games. Working closely with the audio team, you will be a key driver of audio quality on a huge but unannounced AAA console title with a clear vision of how to make our title truly stand out from the competition.
What will you do?
- Work with and develop tools for game code integration, music management, VO management, middleware integration, and all related audio engineering systems
- Maintain and/or implement new audio capabilities in Unreal / Wwise
- Support and dedicatedly work with Sound Designers specifically and the entire development team peripherally
- Develop audio code and content optimization
What we need from you:
- A strong background in the game industry
- Knowledge of how audio fits in game architectures and pipelines, including meaningful hardware, software and compression issues
- Proficiency in C/C++, minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A working knowledge of Wwise middleware
- Experience in writing and maintaining audio systems from the base audio engine to game code, music and tools
- Excellent debugging and communication skills
It would be an advantage if you have:
- A working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Previous experience in console programming
- Worked in or closely with an Audio Design or Audio Engineering role in the past
- Cross-platform experience including PC, Xbox One and PS4
- Generous holidays
- Money on your birthday
- On site Gym
Do you think this role is for you?
Please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 954.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.