One Player Mission is excited to be supporting a mobile games company founded in 2012 to pioneer the development of digital trading cards.
They are seeking a Backend Developer to work within a small team to implement game functionality, translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging game.
A commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design and a quality product are essential.
- Expert knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB specifically in Stored Procedure development
- Experience with InnoDB Engine, Galera Cluster and ProxySQL/MaxScale
- Knowledge with Docker (Kubernetes or Swarm)
- Coding in two or more of Java, PHP, JS (at least ES6), Bash
- Experienced at engineering and architecting GCP Services or other cloud infrastructure services
- Excellent O/S knowledge in Linux; Ubuntu specifically but not required
- Professional experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD pipeline technology would be useful
- Familiar with networking concepts including DNS and TCP/IP
- Understanding of Git for version control
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design
- Support and contribute new ideas – all ideas are welcome
- Communicate with other team members to establish and maintain an effective workflow
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code for the backend services API
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of API
- Rollout and support cloud-based infrastructure to run the backend services
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214426!