One Player Mission are excited to be working with a studio that has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games.
They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced back-end Software Engineer to join their team in the games industry, with a focus on scalability. The back-end Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing the server-side logic and infrastructure that supports the development and operation of games, with a particular emphasis on ensuring that the systems are able to scale to support millions of live active players.
This role will involve working closely with game developers, operations teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that the back-end systems are reliable, scalable, and efficient.
- Deep professional experience in software development, with a focus on horizontally scalable back-end systems.
- Experience with microservices and event driven architectures.
- Strong technical background and good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent system design skills.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Typescript.
- Experience with the following technologies:
– Containerized applications
– NoSQL and SQL databases (DynamoDB, Cloud Spanner)
– Google Cloud Platform (GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, LB, VPC)
– Amazon Web Services (Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Route53, CloudFront, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Passion for games and a deep understanding of the games industry is an advantage.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and resilient distributed systems.
- Integrate with third-party APIs and services as needed.
- Collaborate with game developers and other stakeholders to ensure that the back-end systems meet the needs of the organization.
- Continuously improve the back-end systems to ensure maximum reliability, scalability, and efficiency, with a particular focus on supporting millions of live active players.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with the back-end systems, and take corrective action as needed.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!