This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Brand Director to join the team behind Total War, Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2, to create unforgettable game experiences on a new project. Our studios are based in Horsham, West Sussex.
The role is embedded within a CA development team and integrated closely with SEGA publishing teams, whilst overseeing, leading, and growing a talented team responsible for our global brand strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and strategic thinker, with a proven track record of success in a similar position with the confidence necessary to define and shape brand marketing and positioning strategy.
As the Brand Director on a new project for the studio, you will be involved from the earliest possible moment of pre-production, working daily with the development team to help define the product and brand strategy. Alongside the Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Development Director, you will be responsible for building a AAA team and delivering the project to market.
In addition, your scope will include the longest possible planning horizon, considering how and where our new product should progress.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Drive our new project title as part of the senior leadership team on the project. Involved throughout its release and extended lifecycle, and as such will have brand input ownership in on-going game design functionality and product positioning
- Direct your strategic vision for the title’s marketing campaign and align with our wider studio strategic aims in co-operation with the Chief Product Officer, and Senior Management Group
- Develop close working relationships within the wider Brand Team, the Studio, and teams within the larger SEGA corporate structure
- Lead the brand vision; with the aid of your brand team and the game team, being responsible for the direction of the creative and commercial public presentation of the title to market
- Compile and analyse regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of your title, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to licensor and partner relationships, whilst contributing to identifying, and gaining, third party partnerships and developing long term strategies for both
- Lead, develop and mentor the dedicated project Brand Team. Forming personal development plans for your direct reports; identifying training needs and exercising excellent and supportive person-management skills
- Bring significant and extensive senior experience to the project Contributing a wealth of specialist skills and experienced viewpoints from a diverse background and progressive career.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Previous experience of AAA brand/product ownership and product launches
- Previous experience building or managing specialist or cross-functional marketing teams
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry and wider entertainment space
- Excellent project direction skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- High-level verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Experience working collaboratively with development or similar creative product teams
- Experience with persistent titles, operating as live products
- Willingness to travel when necessary, including spending ad-hoc days at SEGA’s Brentford HQ
- Related industry experience outside of games
- General marketing and branding skills sets including good knowledge of creative production processes, media planning and buying and consumer research.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.