Build and Integration Engineer
Our shared technology team are looking for people with experience and passion for managing builds and integrations and improving deployment workflows. You have some background in, and knowledge of, software engineering and the general practices of development.
As a build engineer for Sports Interactive, you will be a forward thinking and proactive engineer charged with keeping the studio’s production environments stable and future facing. You will ensure the development teams and QA are provided with the best branch strategies and will be responsible for merging all environments.
- Improve developer and deployment workflow.
- Improve build stability and help diagnose and fix build errors.
- Minimise turnaround times of builds and automated tests.
- Extend and maintain build and test systems for existing and new platforms.
- Collaborate with all product and engineering teams across the studio, and work closely with DevOps and IT.
- Ensure all versions of products for production are correct and stable.
- Manage merging and branching processes and strategies.
- Communicate status frequently to engineering and production teams.
- Design and document new processes.]
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years professional experience in a build engineering role.
- Some knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#.
- Development experience with Windows and macOS.
- Experience with builds on and deployment to desktop (e.g., Windows,
- macOS), mobile (e.g., iOS, Android) and console (e.g., Nintendo Switch, Xbox).
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins), source control (e.g., Perforce), build IDEs & tool chains (e.g., Visual Studio, Xcode).
- Highly motivated, autonomous, proactive and methodical problem solver with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.