A driven Business Controller to a passionate team with the opportunity togrow!
We are currently looking for a driven and analytical Business Controller with a business oriented mindset to work closely with and support our business units and game development projects on financial matters within Avalanche Studios Group. You will be responsible for providing key financial analyses, budgeting and forecasting to enable data driven and informed business decisions. You will be part of a Finance team of nine employees, where of three other Business Controllers, and report to our Business Controller Manager.
As a Business Controller at Avalanche Studios Group, you will be given the responsibility of some of our projects and cost centers and be the go-to person for financial planning, follow-up and analysis. You will also be working with continuous improvements of our processes, tools and ways of working to help secure a sustainable and solid Business Controlling function. If you are analytical and have a strong business sense, coupled with a prestige-less and open mindset, this is definitely the role for you. In this role, you’ll be able to take initiative, shape the way we work, and of course work close to our amazing games!
Avalanche Studios Group offers an exciting international work environment and the company goal is simple: to develop and publish the best open-world games in the industry. To achieve this monumental mission, the company believes in hiring the best and providing a diverse and supportive environment where great talent can flourish.
What you’ll do
- Work with profitability analysis of business units, development projects and live services
- Have responsibility for financial planning, monthly follow-up and reporting
- Proactively support business units, development projects, live services and other stakeholders in how to interpret results, achieve accurate budgets & rolling forecasts and challenge actions and areas in order to reach financial targets
- Monitor and analyze KPIs and provide insight and direction to drive profitability and productivity
- Develop and use data driven reports from analysis- and database system tool
- When necessary, support financial controllers in closing, group reporting and audit processes
- Support reporting to Nordisk Games, a part of Egmont/Nordisk Film (Avalanche Studios Groups’s owners)
- Optimize cash flows and payment processes and actively take part in improving company’s other financial processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis, business cases and evaluating new business opportunities and partnerships
Who you are
- You have an academic degree in finance/accounting or other relevant fields
- You have 3+ years of experience working with business controlling
- You are an expert user of Microsoft Excel and can handle large amounts of data as well as understand data models and financial analysis
- You are experienced in drafting and presenting reports in Microsoft PowerPoint or similar
- You have a high working capacity with ability to deliver accurately and timely
- Strong team player
- Experience from the gaming industry or a genuine interest in games
- Experience in SQL or similar is considered a merit
- Fluent in Swedish and English (English is Avalanche Studios Group corporate language)
The nitty-grittyThis is a full-time position in our Stockholm location and as one of our Business Controllers, you’ll report to our Business Controller Manager, and work alongside our CFO, our other Business Controllers, accountants, Finance managers in our New York and Liverpool locations and representatives from the organization. We take individual competence growth seriously, so we offer opportunities to continuously increase your potential. We pride ourselves with being a high functional team so if you value responsibility, good teamwork and straightforward communication you will fit right in. We believe that you are driven by being involved in the company’s continued development in an exciting industry as well as working closely with the CFO and management.
Employee promiseWe provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
Our ValuesAt Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, yourgender, or your sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to ApplyWe will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter, you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work from within either our Stockholm or Malmö locations. We apply a hybrid work model that enables you to work some days from home and some days from the office.
In this recruitment, Avalanche Studios Group is collaborating with Mpya Finance, please send in your application here. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously.