Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global audience of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEGA, having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. No matter how big we dream, though, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the studio and its games is available at www.sigames.com.
The Business Intelligence Team at Sports Interactive is responsible for the collection, manipulation, analysis and sharing of data for many areas of the business (sales, gameplay, research etc.) and using that data to forecast future behaviour to inform game design and business strategies. The role reports to the Head of Business Intelligence and will work closely with a Senior analyst as well as with colleagues at SEGA HQ. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in a Business Intelligence role or similar. Experience with SQL and using BI tools are essential.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports relating to sales, gameplay and other relevant areas
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from the Head of Business Intelligence, the Studio Director, the COO, and others at the studio
- Deep dive analysis of interesting or trending activity
- Maintain and develop our internal dashboards showing product performance and user statistics
- Aid the product forecasting process
- Create detailed documentation of processes relating to the above
- Undertake research as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience within a data analytical role (minimum 2 years)
- Proven use of SQL (any flavour)
- Practical experience of BI analytics tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Commercial acumen relating to product forecasting and performance review
- Self-starter, passionate about data analytics to drive continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of Football Manager
- Python, R or similar
- Statistical knowledge
- Experience with free to play mobile games
- CRM, user engagement, marketing campaign review experience
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box above – tell us what you can do to help the studio continue to go from strength to strength.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s leaving our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who works here.
We like our talent to be tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to consistent improvement and encourage our people to truly realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do and that’s one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
If you want a positive work/life balance, we’re right behind you. While we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on, so you can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
When you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.