We are looking for a talented C++ AI Programmer to join our team on our pillar combat games franchise at our studio based in the South East of England. Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be work collaboratively with a diverse group of programmers, designers, and QA technicians to create efficient and effective AI solutions. This will involve tackling the complex challenges presented in simulation, and so to help deliver a challenging, immerse and fun gameplay experience to our players.
As an AI Programmer you will help develop code for behavioural elements of the AI systems.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Collaborate with the design team to help define project requirements
- Help support existing AI systems through incremental improvement, feature updates and debugging
- Create new AI systems in response to project requirements
- Familiarise yourself with the sizeable codebase as well as contributing to a roadmap of future AI systems evolution
- Participate in code reviews and create and maintain relevant documentation
- Engage in ongoing learning and skill sharing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Essential Good C++ programming skills and knowledge of more recent language features
- Previous development experience Interest in AI and games
- Strong academic background in a numeric discipline or relevant prior development experience
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- An ability to focus on working independently when needed
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Experience in game development
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Unreal engine experience
- Console games experience
- Good holiday allowance, no crunch, relocation allowance, pension, bonus and medical
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2336.
Big Planet is an equal ops recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.