We have a great AAA studio client based in the Midlands who has several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on and are seeking multiple C++ graphics programmers to join the team!
Within this role you will:
- Design and implement new graphical features and effects
- Collaborate with other internal departments (Art, Design, Audio, QA, etc...)
- Debug complex rendering problems
- Profile and optimise game engine rendering performance
- Improve and extend existing rendering features as needed
- Provide support to the art content and technical art teams
We need you to have:
- An education of Bachelor's degree level within a relevant field or equivalent training and professional experience
- Predominantly worked in a graphics role during your career or show a strong skill set in this area
- 2+ years of experience working in games in a similar role
- Extremely strong C++ and shader programming skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing on consoles, including detailed knowledge of current generation consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Shown an in depth knowledge of current generation GPUs and rendering technologies (DX12, Gnm)
- A good understanding of memory management, multi-threading and optimisation
- The ability to learn, test, debug and extend existing engine code
- Worked in a graphics programming role for at least one shipped title
You would have an advantage if also you have:
- Experience with a range of middleware
- Knowledge of 2D/3D art packages
- Bonus scheme
- Relocation package
- Competitive salary
Is this the role for you?
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1566.
Big Planet is an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.