A tools programmer is someone whose sole purpose is to help others make better games. As a tools programmer, you almost never work directly on a game. Instead, you work on internal tools that help artists and designers get their art and ideas into the game as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
This is a unique opportunity to work on pillar AAA titles including different genres of games on consoles and PC.
We’re looking for a Tools Programmer passionate about developing a world-class, AAA game engine and development tools. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement new engine features and pipeline tools with little to no direction. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by developing user-facing tools for our in house game engine.
What will you do?
- Working closely with the Tools team members to create and implement new engine features
- Working with the artists and designers on building content creation tools
- Improving existing features in the engine editor
- Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall editor experience
- Write scripts and plug-ins
What skills do you need?
- 2+ years of C# or C++ programming for a game studio
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 3+ years of relevant training
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to create, refactor and maintain code
- 2+ years experience working in the games industry is desirable
- A shipped AAA game title or multiple shipped small-scale games a bonus
- Experience writing shaders
- Experience using middleware SDK
World class studio, great perks incl. pension, medical, dental, bonus, excellent holiday allowance…
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 385.
Big Planet is an equal ops recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.