Graphics programmers are dedicated to ensuring the game looks as good as it possibly can. They want fire to look like fire, water to look like water and skin to look like skin. This means making the graphics as detailed as possible without impacting on the speed and playability of the game. The job is all about maths, rendering and optimisation. This game studio based in the South is looking for a Principal Graphics Programmer to work onsite or fully remote to UK working hours. This role is open to worldwide candidates.
What will you do?
- Graphics: implement techniques and processes that meet the artistic, design and technical requirements of the game
- Maths: understand the logic and maths that underpins most graphics processes
- Programming: write strong code that is easily understood by fellow coders
- Innovation: imagine and develop ways of improving the graphics
- Knowledge of games engines and platforms: understand the different constraints of games consoles, PCs, handhelds, and mobiles
- Communication: work with other programmers and artists
- Responsible for the implementation of varied graphics systems
- Devise innovative solutions to overcome platform constraints
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists, and other coders for the systems you create and maintain
What skills do you need?
- A broad knowledge of GPU architecture
- A broad knowledge of contemporary graphics techniques
- Strong working knowledge of shaders
- Strong API design / software engineering skills incl. rendering APIs like Direct X12, Vulkan or GNM
- Optimising and debugging code skills
- Strong 3D vector maths
- CPU and GPU profiling as well as multithreading and low level programming experience
- An eye for the creative and aesthetic aspects of development
- Previous experience as a Graphics Programmer in the Games Industry
- Excellent C++
- 7+ years graphics programmer experience
- Worked on at least one shipped PC or Console title as well as multiplatform experience
- Salary - offer a very competitive package dependent on experience
- Top Benefits Package, including private health insurance
- Remote option
To apply to this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number 2270.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.