This award winning game studio based in the Midlands is looking for a C++ Technical Director to work on their AAA pillar titles. We’re looking for a very special team of developers, who can combine technical expertise with flair, creativity and the hunger to make best-in-class games. As the Technical Director, you will be the backbone of the studio. If it relates to any technical aspect of development, studio management, strategy, team development, infrastructure and delivery, you will be at the centre. That means you’ll have that mix of being totally reliable and unflappable when it comes to problem-solving and getting stuck into code; and the ability to lead a team and work alongside the other studio heads with perseverance, passion and diligence. You’ll be endlessly passionate about the challenge of game development, and about the opportunities current technology and future trends can bring. You’ll relish any opportunity to drive the studio forwards, to be the first to meet all challenges head-on, and to bring ideas, not just solutions, to the table. We want you at the centre of our creative process, supplying not just technical experience and intelligence, but creativity, flair and ambition as well. Coding is a deeply creative role and we want someone who is dedicated to crafting the best possible architecture for other disciplines to succeed within.
What you will do
- Take the lead in technical strategy and direction for the studio
- Act as a sounding board for Project Leads
- Grow and develop the technical teams, with a focus on mentoring, developing team members and performance management
- Be responsible for ensuring we follow proven coding practices and maintaining a high bar for our code quality
- Ensure positive working relationships with other Discipline Directors across all studios
Who you are
- AAA experience as TD, lead or senior including leading a team
- Console or PC
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Use of best software practices
- Multiplayer, racing, action or adventure experience
Please email me your CV as a Word document to email@example.com quoting reference 2063.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.