We are working with a leading game studio based in Southern Germany looking for a C++ Technical Director. You will be working with a well-established team of programmers on their hit titles. You will report to the Exec TD as well as oversee three programming teams. The Technical Director is responsible for the entire programming department of the studio and works alongside the studio manager and production setting the technical excellence bar for the studio. You'll direct and be part of a multi-disciplined team for a variety of projects on multiple platforms. This role is based at their office onsite.
What will you do?
- Have lead programmers report to you directly
- Responsible for all technical architecture and processes choices
- Supervise and participate-in all projects from staffing, technology/tools choices, risks evaluation, dependencies with other projects to ensure the best quality is achieved
- Recommends solutions and approves plans and roadmaps
- Expert in design, programming, debugging and optimization
- Implement features across platforms, including prototypes and new technologies
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers
- Mentor and train junior programmers
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit the studio
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Architect and participate in implementing all the different game modules and systems
- Be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of potential non game specific systems used by content creators (extensions to build systems, tools, engines, pipeline improvements)
- Work closely with department leads to identify and set technical parameters and ensure the team adheres to them
What skills do you need?
- Extensive knowledge of Mathematics, Algorithms, Design Patterns…
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication
- Excellent C++
- 2+ completed titles on console with full development lifecycle experience
Bonus, relocation assistance, competitive salary, pension, medical and dental…
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2373.
Big Planet is an equal opps employer and GDPR compliant.