We are pleased to be working with a long-standing client keen to deliver high-end interactive and immersive gaming experiences.
The successful candidate will produce animation rigs for characters, creatures and props, whilst working also to improve the quality and efficiency of the content workflow.
- Experience in a Character Rigging role, ideally in the games industry.
- Knowledge of rigging pipelines and able to give solutions to complex deformation models.
- Understanding of art authoring packages and transitioning data to game engines.
- Excellent understanding of Maya.
- Define and produce animation rigs for characters, creatures and props.
- Own the skinning process for a variety of rigged assets.
- Help bridge the gap between technical and creative disciplines.
- Comfortable with all forms of character and prop deformation including bones, blend shapes and displacement maps.
- Create tools and scripts which increase productivity of the animation team and other content creators.
- Debug problems in engine and provide solutions.
- Foresee potential issues and communicate effectively to department leads.
- Critique assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets.
- UE4 knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience with Maya and scripting languages: Python, Python QT, Maya API
- Familiar with Motion Builder
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!