Joining an award winning EdTech startup offering multi sensory, culturally nuanced subjects, aligned with the national curriculum through mini-games, AI & AR.
A Chief Technical Officer to help the company expand and grow and fully realise their vision. You will responsible for setting the strategic direction for Xplorealms use of technology, establishing the studio positioning in terms of future technologies, expansions, platforms and the devices where the games will be played.
You will be joining at a really exciting and crucial time for the business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities Include
- Working closely with the Founder
- Full accountability for all games technology, architecture and tech processes across multiple sites and products
- Identify, communicate and pursue key strategic engineering efforts
- Drive communication across all disciplines in coordinating engineering plans
- Lead technical design reviews to identify potential problems
- Provide full support to teams when technical challenges are encountered
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and developments
- Champion sound, actionable, technical solutions required to provide a high-quality experience to our players
- Partner with production to remove blockers and consistently hit sprint goals
Desired Skills and Experience Include
- Highly experienced in software development leadership positions
- Highly experienced within leadership positions in games development or games technology businesses
- Strong knowledge of C#, C++, Java or other OOP languages
- Experience working with custom game engines and range of commercially available engines
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, as well as strong research and analytical skills
Nice to have
- Expert knowledge of online / multiplayer gaming, scaling, cloud services
- Educational gaming knowledge and expertise