This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key member of the Creative Assembly Sofia, Bulgaria cinematic team and create amazing in-game trailers and cutscenes for Total War.
You will be working closely with Cinematic Lead, Development and Marketing teams to create stunning cinematic cut-scenes, trailers and motion graphics for all our current and upcoming Total War products. This is an exciting position to work within a strong and established team.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (attached or as a link) and applications without such will not be considered.
As part of the cinematic team, you will be expected to work both independently and in a team.
You will collaborate with, and work alongside, R&D/tools Programmers, Animators and Artists. This will include: demonstrating strong knowledge of cinema shot types, scene compositions and storytelling, to implement these into created projects. You need to have the ability to create 3D scenes and implement them in a game engine; such as Unreal/Unity.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Create assets of varying sizes, from screenshots to character-driven trailers
- Work closely with our cinematic animators to help plan and execute shoots in our motion capture studio
- Use our bespoke in-engine cinematic toolset to lay out scenes, animate cameras and set up lighting and VFX
- Work with our tools programmers to help develop features and functionality
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent camera animation skills
- Good eye for scene composition
- Good understanding of storytelling techniques
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or other similar video editing software
- Experience using a graph editor for animation
- Strong 3D package skills e.g. 3DSMax / Maya / Blender
- Experience with Unreal / Unity timeline editors or similar
- Good written English
- Photography Experience
- 3D Generalist Experience
- Photoshop and After Effects
- Working experience with lighting and post-processing
- Motion Graphics
- Formal Art training
- Experience modding or with game engines e.g. Unreal Engine
- Filming, directing, sound recording and shoot-planning for traditional video
- A love for computer games, ideally Total War
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.