With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, our client is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry.
The successful candidate will design and implementation of core combat systems and mechanics through paper-design, visual-logic, and in-house tools.
- Previous experience in a commercially shipped title with responsibility for combat design
- Experience of designing combat rules, enemy behaviours (AI) and skill progression systems
- The ability to create interesting, exciting, challenging, and varied combat experiences and encounters
- Experience scripting and level designing to accommodate combat scenarios and mechanics
- A track record designing and tuning combat scenarios and associated systems
- Knowledge in designing and writing scripts to handle gameplay systems, basic AI behaviours, state machines and scripted sequences
- Demonstrated experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with the other disciplines/team members to realise the best possible game play experience
- The talent to create game content that delivers a rewarding, visually exciting and exhilarating combat experience for the player
- Someone who actively seeks feedback to improve their work while also providing guidance and feedback to their peers
- The ability to iterate and rapidly prototype gameplay, and implement to quality
- Knowledge of 3rd person combat systems and techniques used in modern AAA titles
- Established or related experience in Progressively complex combat design
- A portfolio of gameplay and combat design work that speaks to our key requirements
- Hands on design experience in a team, working on a published game
- Experience of motion capture for combat systems, the creation of combat state machines and the data that drives them
- A passion for making games driven by gameplay and stories
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Design and implement combat systems and game logic through visual scripting systems and in-house tools
- Aid in the development of compelling combat systems that scale and evolve in complexity and challenge through player progression
- Create and develop combat systems from concept to final quality in collaboration with the design team, programmers, and artists
- Create and translate prototypes into game systems and iterate them to quality
- Use and modify existing blueprints to create new gameplay
- Define sets of combat rules, actions, and abilities to accommodate and showcase enemy behaviours and their responses to player decisions and actions
- Craft exciting and rewarding 3rd person combat encounters and experiences that compete with the best in the genre
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- 6 x life assurance
- Social events – including large summer party
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!