Hello! We’re a small Edinburgh-based company who've worked on a wide range of projects, from creating Dead End Job and releasing it on nine platforms, to helping other indies bring games like Yes, Your Grace, John Wick Hex, Lair of the Clockwork God, and The Solitaire Conspiracy to console.
The team is now focussing on bringing the crazy cartoon fantasy mini-golf world of Dungeon Golf to life on PC and consoles. It's a fast-paced multiplayer game that follows our ethos of making family-friendly original IP with bags of character and a quirky sense of humour.
We're also well funded by Chroma Ventures and because of that we can develop titles with a long term plan and a vision of how we want to support and grow them.
It's a very exciting time to join Ant Workshop, so come and be a part of a lovely team making fun games!
We’re looking for a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to help us tell press and players about our games, and Dungeon Golf in particular. This is a new role for the company and you'll be responsible for leading the planning and execution of our communications. You'll work closely as part of the development team and with production, art and any external partners to help create eye-catching store and web pages, manage our communities and social media output, and produce marketing materials for press and players across a variety of channels.
This is a full time permanant role based in Edinburgh, UK and we expect to pay the successful hire around £25,000pa, but this is negotiable depending on experience.
In your new job you'll spend most of your time:
- Working with production and art to plan, design and deliver digital marketing campaigns for our games.
- Writing marketing copy for store pages and social channels.
- Overseeing marketing asset production, delivery and distribution.
- Identifying and monitoring marketing opportunities for our existing portfolio of titles.
- Analysing and report on campaign performance.
- Monitoring and managing our social media and forums.
- Handling the participation of our titles in any games events (online or physical).
We’re looking for someone who:
- Likes to work as an integrated part of a small development team.
- Is self motivated and able to organise their own time to work methodically.
- Can communicate well in English, both written and verbally.
- Has a strong creative instinct for eye-catching content.
Nice To Have
If you have any of these it's a bonus, but we'd encourage you to apply even if not:
- An existing online presence.
- Previous marketing experience (inside or outside the games industry).
- Experience with image and/or video editing software.
What We Offer
As a small indie company we can’t offer a load of flashy benefits, but we are extremely flexible with work hours to fit around your needs, such as for childcare provision and other home life stuff (need compressed hours? Not a problem), and have an above-average 35 days of holiday.
Working from home is also a possibility, however you will need to work from our office in Edinburgh regularly, and it would also make things like social events easier if you're somewhere close by. For boring reasons you will need to be UK based, at the very least.
Ant Workshop & our regular freelancer pool is roughly 1/3rd non-male. This is a friendly, collaborative company. We'll value you and your work as a key part of our small team, and you’ll have the opportunity for a lot of creative input. We will be transparent with you about what the company's doing and why.
How To Apply
Please send an email with the subject line "Communications and Marketing Coordinator" followed by your name, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV, cover letter, and any other relevant information or appropriate portfolio links (if you have any questions, use that email address as well.)
Depending on the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.