Community and Customer Experience Assistant - (6 Month FTC)Position Overview
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Community and Customer Experience team working on the Football Manager series of games.
This assistant role is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to learn a lot and progress their career with new experiences across player support and the inner workings of a game studio.
The successful candidate will become an active and prominent member of our forum community, engaging with players on a daily basis, making sure issues are responded to and escalated as quickly as possible.
They will provide a high standard of customer support in all areas, from direct individual replies to creating detailed guides to enable our players to find solutions to any problems.
Contract is a fixed-term contract for 37.5 hours a week with flexible working in-office or remotely. Role requires regular weekend coverage and seasonal overtime. Please set out your limitations in your covering letter and note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Creatively and proactively engage players to drive conversations and relationships as a voice of the development team.
- Take ownership of our public facing Bug Tracker forums, with responsibility to monitor and respond to support queries and feedback in a timely manner.
- Work closely with our third party-support team, dealing with escalations via Zendesk while communicating milestones and active issues.
- Maintain and update support documentation, guides FAQs and knowledgebase, including video-based content.
- Help administrate and moderate community forums, working with an external team of volunteers.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with customers or players within a support environment desirable.
- Knowledge of Football Manager, a love of football and an affinity with FM fans.
- High level of emotional intelligence, strong empathy for customer problems, and the necessary patience to manage player frustrations and concerns.
- Excellent communication skills and very high standard of written English.
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently across multiple different contact points.
- Video production/editing skills desirable but not essential.
- Working familiarity/knowledge of Zendesk and community forum software desirable but not essential.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare including dental. The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.