Community and Customer Experience Executive – Console and Mobile PlatformsPosition Overview
Sports Interactive have an exciting opportunity to join our passionate and talented Community and Customer Experience (CCE) team, leading the way in our approach to supporting our console and mobile players.
As part of our growing team, this aspirational role requires a close working relationship with various stakeholders, giving you insights into multiple areas of our game-making processes. With such knowledge, you’ll be tasked with cultivating our mobile and console community, using your connection as a platform to amplify their voice back within the studio.
By developing and introducing cutting-edge industry support techniques, you’ll gear up our team to be adept at providing comprehensive support, taking a hands-on role of guiding, monitoring and replying to player contacts.
The successful candidate would have a strong understanding of the mobile and console gaming landscape, with industry knowledge of free-to-play gaming and GaaS (games as a service).
Contract is for 37.5 hours a week with flexible working in-office or remotely. Role requires regular weekend coverage and seasonal overtime. Please set out your limitations in your covering letter and note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Creatively and proactively engage players to drive conversations and relationships as a voice of the development team for our mobile and console titles.
- Monitor and respond to support queries and feedback in a timely manner, escalating and resolving issues with the development team as required.
- Work closely with our third-party support team, monitoring and coordinating their responses through Zendesk whilst providing regular updates on milestones and active issues.
- Investigate and research cutting-edge industry support practices with the aim of integrating them into the studio.
- Maintain and update support documentation, guides, FAQs and internal knowledgebase.
- Collate and publish changelists for updates across all relevant titles.
- Coordinate and support external Beta testing processes for relevant titles.
- Develop our player communities with focus on building up our advocate and moderator presence online.
- Recognise, set and monitor KPIs across various contact points for our support.
- Develop our customer support relationship with external partners and platform holders.
- Build and maintain expert, in-depth knowledge of all the studio's products (and competitor titles), with a specific focus on our mobile and console titles.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Experience of 3+ years within a customer support environment.
- Strong understanding of mobile, console and online gaming (including GAAS and Free to Play) with experience working within those fields desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and very high standard of written English.
- Knowledge of Football Manager, a love of football and an affinity with FM fans.
- High level of emotional intelligence, strong empathy for customer problems, and the necessary patience to manage frustrations and concerns.
- Aptitude for grasping new strategies, software, and processes.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly, and proactively within a small developing team.
- Working familiarity/knowledge of Zendesk, JIRA, Google Play Store, App Store and Microsoft Partner Centre desirable but not essential.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare including dental. The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.