Junkfish Ltd is looking for a Community Manager to join our community team full-time. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a friendly and dynamic team to grow and nurture our passionate community and to help support our community-facing streamer program. Most importantly, this person should have the presence to be the voice of the community across all areas of the organization while providing thought leadership on the latest community-building trends and opportunities.
As part of a culture that celebrates diversity, we encourage you to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other diversifying factor as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.
You’ll be supporting the growth of the communities for our current and future titles, including Monstrum 2 and Attack of the Earthlings Mobile. You’ll be finding, rallying, and engaging our biggest fans so you’ll need to be a passionate, forward thinker with a knack for building and fostering robust communities through innovative engagement and communication.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategies that push growth, and engagement, for our community.
- Plan and execute online, and offline, community projects and events.
- Utilize community analytics, establish KPIs, and craft reports to assess the efficacy of employed strategies and campaign initiatives.
- Be one of the key voices in the community – Including making social media posts, commenting in forums, supporting live streams, and more.
- Develop innovative community strategy plans that help maximise player retention and increase the reach of Marketing/PR campaigns
- Interface with the community daily to foster positive sentiment and growth
- Seek and establish collaborations and partnerships with fan sites, influencers, etc., to promote and grow owned communities
- Partner with other teams within the organization (i.e. marketing, PR, creative services, customer support) for large community, social, and marketing initiatives
- Provide guidance to the organization on best communication practices, trends and platforms for owned communities.
- Keep the team informed of key challenges within owned communities and work with team members to resolve any challenges that arise
Need To Have
- Forward-facing and personable
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with practical editorial experience on articles or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field. Equivalent work experience is also valid.
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing a community and social media channels for an entertainment company.
- A passion for current trends in gaming, TV, movies, or overall pop culture
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for current leading social media platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Discord, and Reddit.
- Experience with publishing calendars, reporting, and analytics and third-party relationship management
- Proven experience in defining, developing, and implementing community strategy in a brand conscious organization
- Self-motivated and able to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
Nice To Have
- Experience in photo/video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
- Experience in streaming and streaming software such as OBS.
- Strong familiarity with top and mid-tier streaming/YouTube personalities (already established relationships a plus)
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus.