Creative Assembly are looking for a talented Programmer who is keen to make their mark on the Total War Franchise. This role is based at our Studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As part of an initiative to drive forward and develop the core technology on which our games are built, we are growing a core game systems team. A successful applicant will play a key role in this new team and take a on a wide variety of systems.
This team will be responsible for several key systems on which our game is built.
Responsibilities will include:
- Integration of third party physics, entity component system, scripting and other lower-level game systems
- Work closely with other central technology teams and our multiple game teams you will gather requirements, design and build systems to support multiple projects
As part of this team, you will work alongside graphics, tools, and infrastructure teams to deliver performance critical engine systems to our game teams. You will bring experience to contribute ideas to drive the future transformation of our core tech into an internal software as a service model.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Significant game engine development experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident working with multiple disciplines
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms common to game AI, such as finite state machines, agent systems, pathfinding, etc
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Experience developing and maintaining low-level systems and libraries, such as serialization, memory management, and reflection
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.