CULT Games is building a new breed of games label. Built specifically for established development teams with strong creative vision, we are redefining games go-to-market putting games communities at creators at the front, where they belong.
This is a high-impact, high influence role. An opportunity to play a defining role in carving out a new brand that matters in the games industry, all while working to amplify the creative campaigns for a range of superlative games IPs alongside some of the best independent developers in the world.
As our first brand creative hire, you are the vanguard of making everything we do hot. You probably think most game campaigns are a bit one-note, and care passionately about both building brands with amazing creative, and getting into gamers’ heads. Overseeing our creative campaigns for our roster of all-star games and the brand of the CULT itself, you should be a restless creative polyglot who can handle both the high-level vision and actually GSD.
Leading the creative vision
- Leading the charge on the CULT brand vision, you will define and actively roll out how we present ourselves holistically; from visual assets to tone of voice, in person and online
- Working closely with our Marketing Strategists to add creative and tonal sparkle to our overarching campaign strategies across all of our titles
- Ensuring all of our marketing assets, written comms and everything between have the creative sparkle to pour gasoline on the sparks of our games and strategies - from trailers to key art, copy to events presence, whole websites and assets for our community spaces
- Working hand in hand with our Community and Marketing teams, you will pioneer initiatives to ensure we correctly speak the language of the internet and our gamers, while holding a clear identity of our own
- Overseeing our events presence - whether in person or working with community online
- Ensuring we are pouring creative gasoline on all of our social and influencer campaigns, you prefer to lead with bold and disruptive ideas that will sing with the ultimate community and audience as opposed to paying our way to noise
Executing the creative vision
- Overseeing and executing creative marketing and social campaigns across all channels for our games - getting into the heads of our developers, creatives and target audiences to deliver surprising, disruptive and meaningful campaigns
- Delivering flawlessly on-tone campaigns across a broad roster of titles that pop and are sincere to each game’s vision
- Building up, maintaining and indoctrinating creative partners across disciplines; from identifying startup friendly partners, creating flawless and inspiring creative briefs, and PM’ing execution to ensure all assets are both cost smart and awesome
- Personally creating assets where you have the skillset
- A visionary creative who cares deeply about coherent vision and the power and magic of creative detail, large and small
- An executor, you are not satisfied with merely creating an exciting pitch deck - you like to get hands on and stuck in to make sure the vision happens across the board
- Agile and adaptable, you are able to tap into various tones across a wide range of products
- A gamer - you love games, you get gamers, and you care about serving them content they care about in a way they will care about
- Exceptional aesthetic capabilities and excellent & inspiring creative writing skills
- Thoughtful in absorbing other creators’ ideas, you are able to absorb the vision from other creative leaders, transmuting into campaign ideas that will hit the target you are also…
- Inspiring and infectious, able to excite others into getting behind your ideas and see them through
- You’ve worked across creative campaigns for various brands to success
- Delivered multi-channel marketing creative across visual, written & experiential
- You’re a gamer and can speak to key trends and motivations in the gamer space
- Ideally you’ve sourced and managed external partners from weird and wonderful places, and seen them through to delivering amazing campaigns
- A selection of brands or products you can provably point to as having led or poured creative gasoline over
- Past examples of creativity over spend - where you’ve galvanised grassroots fans or generated cut through through the force of vision and execution
- A history of creative context-switching, you are comfortable working across more than one tone or identity in parallel
- You might be in games, but maybe you’re at an agency in a different sector, itching to join us in the best industry in the world
- You can prove you understand more than one key strategic social platform to a professional level
- Strong network (or proven ability to build a network) across relevant influencers and key voices in a fanbase
- You have either worked professionally in the games industry in Publishing or marketing and are itching to focus full-force on creative, or perhaps are in marketing creative in agency in another industry
- Games industry experience is not essential - being a gamer, and passionate and informed about gamer tastes and expectations (with ideas on how to surprise and thrill them) is.
Why join the CULT?
We are a new team with big ambitions. As a startup, we do not pay the highest salaries in the industry, but we do give big freedom and influence. We are looking for a high-impact, high-energy person to join us in building the vision from the ground.
A former SuperIndie group all with proven success and hype-driven hits behind us, our developer roster is fast filling with some of the best independent game studios in the iii space.
A SuperIndie label for SuperIndie devs, our goal is to be the best truly independent games publishing group in the industry.
We’re looking for talented, hungry, ambitious executors who love to be around one another. Our devs go hard and we show up for them. It matters we all enjoy the ride.
Gender/Race/Orientation is irrelevant.
We are looking for people who are proven in and passionate about games and their craft. World class people we’re excited to have in our house.
If this sounds like you,
Come build a CULT with us.