One Player Missions client are looking for a Creative Director who will work on their brand-new AAA IP published by Xbox Game Studios. They believe in worlds beyond limits, they are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace, and are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
- Report to the Executive Producer and be responsible to guide the whole team through the different phases of the project.
- You will work in collaboration with the Game Director and Design Director to own the vision for the player experience. You are in charge of the definition of the fantasy of their game and of the supervision of its execution across disciplines (art, animation, audio, narrative…).
- You own the strategic development of the franchise beyond their current game (sequels, spin-offs, transmedia, etc.).
- As the Creative Director, you are the main evangelizer of the game and the franchise, internally (team, studio) and externally (publisher, press, community).
- As a director, you have leads and directors as direct reports (art, animation, audio, narrative), acting as a mentor to grow their skills and leadership. You ensure that they set the right standards, understand the state of the art and how to guide their teams to reach beyond, while ensuring their visions converge through close cross-disciplinary collaboration and the respect of the project priorities.
- Handle the parts of the collaboration with the publisher (deliverables, milestones, alignment…) relevant to your area of ownership.
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles in a Creative Director role preferably, or in another directorial role, and have worked on world renowned IPs that have generated huge followings of dedicated fans.
- People leader, you inspire and navigate interpersonal relationships with tact and drive. You look for empowering people and help them to develop a growth mindset. You are constantly showing the way, being a problem solver and helping to guide and shepherd other disciplines along the way.
- Excellent communicator, verbally and in writing. You can stand in front of a crowd and adapt to the situation: you can create excitement and alignment or deliver difficult news while still nurturing a safe place for the team.
- You don’t shy away from difficult situations, you are the embodiment of radical candor: you challenge directly but you personally care. You build an inclusive place for people with diverse backgrounds while striving for individual growth and collective performances.
- You are comfortable thinking strategically while also being pragmatic about day to day executions. You can easily shift your mind between big picture topics and driving decisions or removing blockers for the team on the fly.
- Understand you have to keep a healthy balance between creativity, technological innovation and business requirements. You are comfortable working in a context filled with uncertainty while always thinking in terms of risks and performance.
- You are adaptable and will handle whatever the project throws at your plans. You understand the stress that change can bring on people but you gracefully drive everyone calmly through it while being unphased yourself.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214428